The FBI Background Check
If you have recently come to China for work or am switching employers you may be asked to provide a background check. The gold standard for Americans is the FBI Self Check, also known as the Identity History Summary (IDhS) or Departmental Order 556-73.
This report is quickly becoming a mandatory report for Americans in model cities like Suzhou and Hangzhou, and in particular for International Schools which are pressured to show better due diligence on the teachers they are hiring in China.
Here are a few of the reasons you might want to get your own personal FBI background check:
- To make sure your FBI record is complete, accurate, and up-to-date
- To review or to request a correction or update
- To challenge information on your record
- To satisfy certain legal requirements, such as a requirement for adopting a child
- To satisfy a requirement to live, work, study or teach abroad
- To satisfy a requirement to travel, now required by several countries
- Other court related matters
Hive Digital has fingerprint scanning capability in Beijing , Shanghai and Chengdu area, in addition to the capability to receive and scan FBI FD-258 manual ink cards mailed in from the rest of Mainland China and Asia. With our expedited services , you can have your FBI background check within hours of submitting fingerprints. We scan ink cards on the same day as receiving.
We are a “one stop shop” that can also authenticate and translate any American document needing to become compliant for China work permit application purposes.
Add us! Go to our contact page and add our consultant for quick answers. Or email us at email@example.com